The milk coming from two daily milkings is partially skimmed through surfacing. The wheels weigh from 34 to 38 kg and their seasoning can range from 9 months – minimum maturation required for marking – to more than 20 months.
It does not contain ingredients, additives, flavorings, processing aids, supports for additives and flavorings consisting of or derived from GMOs.
- Rind appearance: natural gold-coloured rind, 5 mm thickness;
- Paste colour: from pale straw-yellow to straw-yellow;
- Internal Structure: grainy texture which converges from the edges to the centre wheel;
- Aroma: fragrant cheese; smells like milk, grass and dried fruits
- Taste: savoury but quite delicate, never too salty