In addition to tomatoes and olive oil, tomato sauce may be the simplest of all the classic Italian and Italian-American sauces. It contains only a few ingredients.
With its bright flavor, this easy-to-use preparation method makes it so popular in kitchens all over the world. Luna J.S.C will show you the simplest way to make tomato sauce in just a few minutes.
WHAT IS THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF A TOMATO?
Tomato is a nutritious superfood that is beneficial to many-body systems. Its nutritional value contributes to skin health, weight loss, and heart health. Tomatoes contain a substance called lycopene, which makes them bright red and protects them from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Likewise, it can help protect your cells from damage. Tomatoes also contain potassium, vitamins B and E, and other nutrients.
WHAT IS TOMATO SAUCE?
Tomato sauce (also called Neapolitan sauce) is mainly made from tomatoes. It was first mentioned in an Italian cookbook (Modern Butler) written by Italian chef Antonio Latini in 1692. This recipe appeared in the cookbook of chef Francesco Leonardi in 1790.
The simplest way to understand what tomato sauce is that chopped tomatoes cooked down with olive oil, spices, and simmered when it got thickened. The rich taste and thick texture make it best for smothering food as a sauce. It can be served over pasta, pizza,.etc
- 800-gram tomatoes or whole peeled tomatoes (You can buy it here)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup of minced onion
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon blended red peppercorn
- 3 cloves of garlic (Grinded or chopped)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
NOTE: Olive oil is the indispensable ingredient in Italian cuisine. Divella is your best choice to make better sauce (You can buy it here).
- STEP 1: Put a few tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Heat over medium until sparkling. Add chopped onion, garlic. Stirring for a few seconds.
- STEP 2: Add tomatoes and a little bit of water (¾ cup of water). Season the sauce with salt. During the time you put tomatoes in, smush the tomatoes. The more you squish the smoother the sauce. Stirring it gently. Then lower the heat, when it is getting thickened.
- STEP 3: The tomato soup gets finished when it has a gorgeous thickness. Then add a bit of basil if you have left.
- STEP4: Scoop the soup into a bowl or any kind of container that you have in your pantry: mini honey jars, glass, etc. When the sauce cools down, use it immediately or store the sauce in the fridge that you could use for 3 months.
5 TIPS WHEN MAKING THE SAUCE
- Cross a “X” on the bottom of the tomato. It will help you peel easier after boiling.
- Do not add too much water. In this recipe, we just put (¾ cup of water). Less water to get less time for the thickened sauce.
- You can use a can of peeled tomatoes to make things done. Just make sure the tomatoes are fresh to get the best result.
- In some unfortunate cases, the other ways to thicken the sauce. You can add a little bit of cornstarch or an egg to thicken the sauce.
- You must taste as you go to create a healthy sauce that pops but doesn’t overpower. Until going on to the next stage, sample the sauce to see if it could use some flavor enhancement.
A good tomato sauce is one of the first things every cook should learn. It’s almost infinitely useful, it lasts well, and the finished version is ridiculously cheap. No other preparation is more successful at delivering the amazing satisfactions of Italian cuisine than a skillfully executed sauce.